Do you lack the motivation needed to achieve your goals?
Do you have an adult child still living at home, long after you expected them to move out?
Due to recent societal and economic changes, young adults and even some older adults may struggle with a phenomenon known as “Failure to Launch” syndrome. While not an actual diagnosis, Failure to Launch syndrome refers to young adults who have struggled or failed to effectively transition into adulthood.
Some young adults may lag behind their peers in completing schooling or maintaining employment. They may still live at home and spend an inordinate amount of time on social media or playing video games. If your adult child lacks confidence, has little to no work ethic, and lacks goals or motivation, they may be suffering from Failure to Launch syndrome. Other symptoms include entitlement, social anxiety, low tolerance for stress, and failure to assume adult responsibilities.
If any of this resonates with what’s going on in your life…
- You feel stuck in repetitive cycles of defeat
- You cannot seem to achieve the goals you set
- Failure to maintain employment or stay in school
- Anxiety, depression, or lack of motivation
- Hostile and argumentative home environment because your adult child is still living at home
- Your adult child acts hostile, entitled, and/or refuses to help out with basic chores
- You want to help motivate your adult son or daughter to finish school or improve their grades
- You need help enforcing structure and boundaries at home
…MyNOW Wellness can help.
We curate a unique mindset coaching program alongside counseling therapy in a structured format, to help you get unstuck. Counseling therapy can help identify underlying causes for the issues you struggle with and find new and positive ways to overcome these difficulties.
Give us a call today and let’s schedule a time to talk.