Drug addictions often start with the experimental use of a drug in social situations. In other cases, they are rightly used by prescription after the diagnosis of a disease. However, for some people, drug use becomes more frequent over time until there is a need to use more of the drug to get a desired high or effect. Eventually, a person may find that they need the drug to either simply “feel good” or “function” in daily life.
Drug addiction symptoms and behaviors include:
- Feeling the need to use the drug regularly (daily or multiple times a day)
- Having intense urges for the drug
- Over time, needing more of the drug to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of the drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get the drug, such as stealing
- Focusing an increasing amount of time and energy on getting and using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not using the drug
- Failed attempts to quit using the drug
If you can relate to any of the symptoms or behaviors listed above, it may be time to consider addiction counseling.
At MyNOW Wellness, your therapist will address the symptoms of your addiction and the related areas of impaired functioning. Together, you’ll structure the timing and content of your ongoing recovery to ensure that it is specifically tailored to your needs.
There are several paths to successful recovery, but we do not believe in cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all solutions. You can trust us to walk alongside you to achieve your goals, and ensure you can make the life changes that you desire.
Connect with us today.